Container Orchestration with Azure Kubernetes Service
A day long hands-on workshop focusing on fundamentals of containers and container orchestration using Azure Kubernetes Service.
This one-day in-person workshop focused on bringing concepts of Containers and Container Orchestration to the front-end and back-end engineers. During the day, I covered:
- Container vs Virtual Machine
- Container Fundamentals
- Docker and Docker Compose
- Docker Volumes
- Overview of the Kubernetes Architecture
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) Setup using Terraform
- Azure Active Directory integration with AKS
- Ingress Controller Fundamentals and Installation
- SSL certification automation using
- Kubernetes Persistent Volumes
During the workshop, the 50+ attendees followed the hands-on exercises on deploying a microservice (Spring Boot, Python, and Node) in a containerized fashion on Azure Kubernetes Service and accessing those endpoints using Ingress Controllers. The services were backed by PostgreSQL databases running along with Kubernetes Persistent Volume attached to the Pod.